Brandon J. Grable
Brandon J. Grable is an Attorney based in San Antonio, Texas and leads Grable Grimshaw PLLC’s litigation department. He and his team represent clients all over Texas. Brandon runs his practice by one simple, time-tested rule: treat every client like family. He represents his clients as if they were his own mother or child. Brandon brings with him what is not found on a resume – grit, small town values, and humble beginnings.
Brandon began his path at 17-years-old when he skipped his high school graduation in small town Arizona so he could attend basic training for the United States Army. He served in the Army honorably for 10 years as a Non-commissioned Officer (NCO), which included combat deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. He brought with him unbreakable bonds he shares with his brothers and sisters in arms. These values and experiences are what drives him. Brandon brings commitment, drive, and devotion to each one of his clients. No matter the situation, Brandon ensures his clients get the due process and rule of law they are entitled.
While his focus is representing and defending servicemembers and veterans, Brandon regularly and successfully represents individuals, families, small businesses, and large corporations in a wide array of matters that include, but are not limited to: criminal matters, breach of contract disputes, civil rights violations, discrimination, and fraud/bad faith allegations.
Brandon earned his undergraduate degree from American Military University with a Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies, magna cum laude. He received his law degree from St. Mary's University School of Law, graduating in the top fifteen percent, and was a member of the Law Journal editorial board. Following law school, Brandon clerked for Judge Bert Richardson, Texas Court of Criminal Appeals in Austin, Texas.
Brandon is well-respected by judges, peers, and clients and is known for being diligent and having unwavering integrity and unparalleled passion. If you want an attorney who is mentally tough, with a calculated thought process, and a background with vast life experience and Army values (loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage), then Brandon Grable is the attorney for you. If you have a legal issue or concern, or simply need advice, Brandon is interested in talking to you.
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Veterans Appeals
- Successfully represented class members in a products liability class action lawsuit that resulted in a court-approved settlement of a $7.65 million common fund and $2.3 million attorney fee award. David Matson, Barbara Matson, Yolanda Garret v. NIBCO Inc., 5-19-CV-00717-RBF (W.D. Tex. Oct. 20, 2021).
- Frivolous lawsuit filed against Client was dismissed by the trial court under the Texas Citizen’s Participation Act (TCPA) and then upheld on appeal. Drew v. Belver, 04-20-00483-CV (Tex. App.—San Antonio, Aug. 11, 2021) (pet. denied).
- Successfully appealed a trial court’s determination that it had personal jurisdiction over Client, an out-of-state company that shipped a product to a Texas resident. The appellate court reversed the trial court and rendered judgment in favor of Client after holding that Texas lacked jurisdiction over the company. Plummer v. Witty Yeti, LLC et al, No. 04-22-00075-CV (Tex. App.—San Antonio, Aug. 3, 2022).
- J.D., St. Mary's University School of Law
- Editor, Law Journal
- B.S., magna cum laude, Legal Studies, American Military University
- Bronze Star Medal
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40
- Author, Ford v. State: Texas Forces a Resolution in the Cell Site Location Information Debate, 47 St. Mary’s L.J. 703 (2016)
- Co-Author, Government Surveillance, Cell Towers & K-9, 2016 Bill of Rights: HCBA Criminal Law Conference, January 29, 2016
- Presenter, Expectations of Privacy in a Digital Age, The William S. Sessions American Inns of Court, November 2015
Memberships and Associations
- William S. Sessions American Inn of Court
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Forbes Business Council
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- San Antonio Federal Bar Association